Friday, July 7, 2017

CAS Mix It Up July Challenge

I saw that the CAS Mix It Up Challenge this month was tissue.  I like the added texture that tissue adds, so I opted to play along.

I used a strip of tissue for a border, scrunched it, adhered it down, and then water colored a little.  I used CAS-ual Fridays Daisy Chain, Truth Bloom, and a sentiment from Shenanigans, along with some background stenciling for the plus 1 in the challenge.

Thanks Girls for another fun challenge~ 

Don't forget, you can save 15% off any CAS-ual Fridays products - even on the sale ones! Just use my code VICKI2017.


Thanks for stopping by~

12 comments:

Helen said...

Vicki, this is a delightful card. Love the colors and that tissue strip down the side. Just got the daisy chain yesterday so I'm looking forward to trying your edging. Thanks!

Donna said...

Such a gorgeous card, like the cheery summer colors and like the tissue strip. Have a great weekend.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I love those colors, they go together so well. Fabulous!

Joyce Erb said...

I love this. I always struggle with how to use a flower like this and not be to plain. Love the border and simple background. Perfect for us that just can't leave an entire background white LOL

craftieodmae said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is one of my favorite floral images that you used and I love how you colored those daisies. This is an awesome card design.

Linda said...

This is so pretty Vicki. Love your strip of tissue.

Bonnie said...

I love this layout with the strip of tissue and daisies on the side, Vicki! And those flowers are so pretty with the stenciling! Wonderful, rich colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

What fun flowers and I like the colors! This is pretty Vicki!

Ruth said...

What a lovely card! I do like the added depth and texture the tissue paper gives. Never would have thought of trying that out. Lovely blues and greens as always. xx

Loll said...

Those flowers are so cool, Vicki! Great jewel tone colours! Love the texture on your tissue paper strip. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Jo said...

Vibrant and lovely card, Vicki! Beautiful approach with the tissue paper, love the colour combo.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!